required plural marking in 2PP

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 8 19:52:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I think I that or "you guys," but "guys" still has the hint of excluding women, so "you all" or "everyone" works better.

But there was that awful commercial in which a woman surprised by her
friend girls exclaims, "Oh, you guys!" One of that thong that made it,
IMO, awful was that it's hard to come up with something that she could
have said instead, other than "Oh, you all are so nice! to me!" or
some such.

--
-Wilson
-----