Caption on a nature site: "Ruby-_Throat_ Hummingbird"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jul 8 19:59:30 UTC 2012

At 7/8/2012 02:32 PM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:
>The N1 composites are briefer, but can require more interpretive
>work -- *but* these composites are interpreted in context, not in
>vacuo, and context, shared knowledge, etc. can make interpretation a
>snap. (interpretation is easier for N1s that are themselves
>composites, since the range of interpretation is narrowed by the
>constraints of the real world.)

I'm not sure that context, shared knowledge, etc., will help me with
"one-arm man", which of the various examples in this thread I have
the hardest time with.  Did he have just one gun?

Joel