no soap, radio

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jul 9 20:28:44 UTC 2012

I tried to track down the version I remember from childhood, but the closest I could find were some of the variants at this site:  http://xenon.stanford.edu/~hays/nosoap-variations.html
The one I recall:

Two penguins at the North Pole are sitting on an iceberg, which splits apart.  Each penguin circles the earth in different directions, they cross the equator, and they meet up again at the South Pole.  As they pass each other one calls out "Where's the soap?" The other says "No soap.  Radio."  (Makes no more and no less sense than the other variants.)

LH