Fun with phrases: "in a previous life"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 17 00:23:54 UTC 2012

If "in a previous life" requires a "humorous" label,  shouldn't "in a
previous existence" require one too?

My theory is that the humor of both has long ago worn thin and that people
use them neutrally now, rather like "I could care less."

JL