"yeah, yeah" again (another versions)

Sat Jul 21 03:32:30 UTC 2012

The Yale Book of Quotations has an earlier cite than Wikipedia. Also,
there does not appear to be an entry in Wikiquote for Morgenbesser.

[Begin excerpt]

Sidney Morgenbesser
U.S. philosopher, 1921–2004

A philosopher of language once presented a formal lecture in which he
announced that a double negative is known to mean a negative in some
languages and a positive in others but that no natural language had
yet been discovered in which a double positive means a negative.
Whereupon professor Sidney Morgenbesser is said to have piped up from
the back of the room with an instant, sarcastic, "Yeah, yeah."

Reported in N.Y. Times Magazine, 14 Aug. 1977

[End excerpt]

Garson