"Monday"

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 29 19:09:22 UTC 2012

WB: I ween I was weaned on Arthur Bronstein, and Singin' in the Rain (Moses
supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously). In normal
speech, I raise schwa to barred-eye in either Rosa's or toeses. (I would
also say that inverted V (aka caret) should be simply written as stressed
schwa).

LH wrote: <<<Gleason . . . Bolinger . . . G. Lakoff and G. Green . . . >>>

WB: Sometimes I share my introspective musings with my Chinese students,
and they will say, "You think too much."