Buh-tocks (was Re: finite ...)

Geoff Nathan an6993 at WAYNE.EDU
Tue Jul 31 17:06:20 UTC 2012

I've never pronounced it any other way, and always thought the reduced vowel in the second syllable was a British affectation (I first heard it pronounced with a schwa in The Life of Brian--those who know the movie will recognize the context). Geoff Geoffrey S. Nathan Faculty Liaison, C&IT and Professor, Linguistics Program http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/ +1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT) +1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics) ----- Original Message -----