"tits" = 'balls'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 1 14:24:49 UTC 2012

I'm not making this up:

1961 Jack Warner in Lisa Dombrowski _The Films of Samuel Fuller_
(Middletown, Conn.: Wesleyan U.P., 2008) 142: Sam Fuller is a gutty guy and
that's why he is where he is. We can use more guys with blood, sweat, guts,
tits, and sand!

Maybe Warner thought Winston Churchill had promised "blood, toil, tits, and
sweat."  If so, God knows what he thought Winnie was talking about.

JL