MORE CLUES

David Barnhart dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Sun Jun 3 10:22:44 UTC 2012

Thanks for all the leads.  So far (and this is early Sunday morning):

Lighter-I have access only through the letter O.

Cassell's Dictionary of Slang (Greene)                       =0

Most recent Partridge in my collection                    =0

Partridge (most recent)                                                =?
(will check Vassar College Library today)

Greene (most recent large book)                               =? (will check
Vassar College Library today)

Slang & Its Analogs                                                       =0

Farmer: Americanisms Old & New                             =0

DAE
=0

DA
=0

Mencken
=0

Berrey & Van Den Bark                                                 =0

Wentworth & Flexner                                                   =0

Chapman
=0

Oxford Dictionary of Modern Slang                          =0

Thorne
=0

Spier
=0

e-OED
=0

New Words Concordance                                           =0 (includes
listing of entries in "Among the New Words")

I'm going to have breakfast now!  More later today!