Jargon peeving - Forbes style

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 19 03:17:42 UTC 2012

My apologies for sending the HTML version first and for not noticing
that the collection initially appeared in January. I had assumed that
"news of the day" on LinkedIn somehow corresponded to real time.

On a different note, most of the "jargon" terms are perfectly routine
expressions ("drinking the Kool Aid is apparently the most annoying, but
some measure). That's not unsurprising, all things considered. Peeving
about ordinary expressions seems to be an art form.

More interesting is the fact that a lot of the terminology appears in
political punditry and in education "reform" verbiage. More to the
point, much of it is drifting /into/ the business jargon rather than out
of it.

     VS-)