"The last war fought between gentlemen"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 22 14:13:11 UTC 2012

Get ready to laugh:

1987 Stephen Birmingham _America's Secret Aristocracy_   (Rpt. N.Y.:
Berkley 1989) 47 [GB snippet]: I like to think it is because World War One
was the last war that was fought by gentlemen.

Birmingham quotes the opinion from somone else.

JL