Heard on ESPN

Sat Jun 23 03:14:06 UTC 2012

The OED does have good coverage that I missed. Apologies.

Draft additions October 2001
  slang. built like a brick shithouse and variants.
 a. orig. U.S. Chiefly of a man: having an extremely solid physique;
with a very robust and powerful build. In Brit. use, derogatory when
used of a woman.Occas. (in senses 4a   and 4b) abbreviated to brick
shithouse, etc., denoting a person of this build.

In earlier use a number of different buildings are used in analogy.
Later, once the form brick shithouse became standard, variants are
usually euphemistic.

[1903   A. H. Lewis Boss xiv. 183   That'll be enough to give us
th'Tammany bunch as solid as a brick switch shanty.]
1922   J. Tully Emmett Lawler 286   Every time I fight him my hands
are swollen for a week. He's built like a brick schoolhouse.
1936   J. Tully Bruiser 58   He's built like a brick barn.
1949   E. Birney Turvey 127   Built like brick shathouses they was too.
(Additional cites omitted)

b. U.S. Also freq. in form built like a brick house. Of a woman:
having a curvaceous figure, esp. slim with large, prominent breasts.
Also of a woman's figure.
1933   J. Conroy Disinherited ii. 91   Wilma's a baby doll, build like
a brick outhouse.
1964   R. F. Mirvish There you Are 222   The Sicilian babe... Small,
stacked like a brick shithouse.
(Additional cites omitted)