"Shaven"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jun 25 14:52:42 UTC 2012

Maybe so, but there are more than a few hits for "clean shavin'" (with or without apostrophe), suggesting a reanalysis from a perhaps moribund perfect participle.  Google in fact, while offering "about 52,600 results" for "clean shavin", wonders forlornly whether I perhaps meant "clean shaven".  The latter gets over 4 million raw ghits, some for a 1990s movie "Clean, Shaven".

LH