End the word (was: a word from "Huck Finn") faggot etc.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 3 17:26:56 UTC 2012

In my junior-high experience,  weakened "fag/ faggot" was used both as a
generally opprobrious insult and also with the more specific meaning of
"sissy" (cowardly fellow), a word which was hardly used at all.

"Faggot" was the somewhat stronger term.

JL