coarseness update

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 8 18:14:00 UTC 2012

> crapload

The older, IME, "boatload" is too close to "buttload," perhaps. Or,
maybe, the intention is to go all the way to "shitload," in time.
Comedy Central stopped bleeping "shit" years ago, when it was still
the Comedy Channel.

IAC, "crapload" annoys the hell out of me. It's just too "nice-nasty,"
as the colored say.

FWIW, Ellen Degeneres, when she feels like it, greets her audience
with "Hello, bitches!" and has been doing it for the past couple of
years or, maybe, longer. I watch her show only when I'm at the
doctor's office"Bitch" no longer kicks much ass in Middle America,
apparently. And TV shows like "Punk'd" have weakened its impact.
Besides, "punk" is homophobic - Unca Sam ain' gon' *be* no pawnk! -
whereas "bitch" is merely sexist.

--
-Wilson
-----