The Slants

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 9 19:58:07 UTC 2012

Golden Peril -- wasn't the last dynasty of China the Golden Dynasty?

Also:
 1894 May 7 Rocky Mountian News -- A Chinese Trick Slant-Eyed
Individuals Have a Way of Beating the New Law, and Allowing Their
Friends to Come in with Papers.  [Article datelined Washington about
registration of Chinese under the exclusion act.  Some legal
immigrants are registering more than once, "and as a photograph of
one Chinaman might readily pass for another", the duplicate
certificates can be sold to those not entitled to register.  Surely
derogatory at least.]

Is this the first expression of the notion that all Chinese look alike?

DanG