cactus as a tree?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 10 07:18:30 UTC 2012

Just a quick note. A quick search for "saguaro tree" gets over 3000 raw
ghits, but virtually all of them are attached to images or are in
captions for images.

There is one interesting exception here
http://oceanicwilderness.com/2011/10/22/saguaro-tree/

In this case, it is a "tree that's trying to be a cactus" rather than a
cactus trying to be a tree. Actually, the cactus resemblance is purely
superficial.

I did not dig very deep in the search results, so the expression may
creep up in straight text further down. But, I thought it was worthy of
a comment before everyone jumps in and tells me I was wrong.

     VS-)