Endangered specie (coinages)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Sat Mar 10 20:43:12 UTC 2012

On 3/10/2012 2:27 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:

>> If you were thirsty and wanted a refreshing drink of cold carbonated
>> water with some sort of sweetened syrup in it, what would you ask for?
>>
>> A soda?  A pop?  Where I grew up, a perfectly normal exchange might
>> sound like this:
>>
>> Friend noting distress:  Would you like a coke?
>>
>> Me:  Yes!  What have you got?
>>
>> FND:  "Rootbeer" (or "Dad's"), "ginger ale", and "RC".
>>
> For those interested:
> http://popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html

Interesting--where I grew up has changed radically (not surprising, I
guess given migration.  But the monolithic agreement in the Far West is
of itself unlikely in my mind. Where monolithic agreement might be "less
than a third".

And in the 30% areas, what is the other 70%?

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: