Endangered specie (coinages)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Sun Mar 11 16:51:52 UTC 2012

On 3/11/2012 6:45 AM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
> ----------------------- Sender:       American Dialect
> Society<ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Poster:       Tom
> Zurinskas<truespel at HOTMAIL.COM> Subject:      Re: Endangered specie
> (coinages)
>
>  I look "specie" up in thefreedictionary.com It's a coin, but the
> plural is a whole different word meaning "class".

I knew that--hence the pun attempt with "(coinages}" which in the time
zone I grew up in meant something like "inventing a word or phrase".

Which I assume happened to the endangered coinages I mentioned.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: