great stuff: football and international politics

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Mar 17 17:29:28 UTC 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 9:22 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> No "ghost runners."
>
> "Invisible men."
>
> We played "punchball."
>
> JL

We had invisible men too.  Can't recall if there was any difference (semantic, regional, or otherwise) between ghosts and invisible men--I know, it's hard to tell when you can't see them.  We played punchball, stickball, and stoopball, but not always in an organized enough way to have ghosts/invisible men on base.

LH