A prophet without honor

Tue Mar 20 05:13:18 UTC 2012

I wouldn't be surprised that in the very early days of what became reggae, in early ska days, a Jamaican group or two would have covered "Work With Me, Annie"--the music grew out of an attempt to play r & b, and wound up with the musicians switching the rhythm around and stressing the two and four beats instead of the one and three.  They really liked New Orleans-style r & b though.  But calling it reggae from the beginning--somebody doesn't know much about r & b.

Paul