"chief evangelist" -- standard business jargon? -- since when?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 20 20:35:00 UTC 2012

It makes them holier.  Didn't I post something many years ago about
"evangelizing the product," meaning saying and doing any and every
goddamned thing up to the restrictive letter of the law to puff and promote
it?

(Like publishing your own trendy-titled, minimum-circulation newsletter
with reviews of your own products that you can quote in your ads.)

O generation of vipers!

JL