Computer Mice or Mouses?

Wed Mar 21 17:54:47 UTC 2012

Oxford dictionaries online has an entry for mouse that includes the
following note on usage.

[Begin excerpt]
Is the plural of mouse in the computing sense mice or mouses? People
often feel that this sense needs its own distinctive plural, but in
fact the ordinary plural mice is commoner, and the first recorded use
of the term in the plural (1984) is mice.
[End excerpt]

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/mouse

While searching I found a fun but fallacious acronymic origin for
mouse: manually-operated user-select equipment.

http://painintheenglish.com/case/534/