pinkwashing

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 22 07:31:19 UTC 2012

There have been several fairly diverse references to whitewashing over
the past few months, some of them prompting sarcastic comments about
"blackwashing"--also quite diverse, but none positive. Now I find a term
that appears to be widely accepted in certain circles:

http://goo.gl/BzAMm
> The Seattle LBGT Commission canceled the March 16 City Hall reception
> the night before after pressure from some members of the gay
> community, who said that Israel is touting its good record on gay
> rights to hide what they called its poor treatment of Palestinians,
> according to the Seattle Times. The action is called "pinkwashing" in
> pro-Palestinian circles.

I'll skip any editorial comments and will just report the sighting. If,
for some reason, my opinion on the subject interest anyone, I'll be
happy to communicate it offlist.

     VS-)