Word drift -- "gangbang"

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Thu Mar 22 15:49:29 UTC 2012

Comment by Don Surber on Facebook:

"She’s the 6-year-old that gangbangers shot and killed in Chicago while
she was playing on her front porch over the weekend."

When I was young and lived where this kind of thing happens, a
"gangbang" was an event where a group of males, each in succession raped
("banged"==had sexual intercourse with) a female.

So I don't know from the words what Mr. Surber means.  (From the context
here and elsewhere, the word apparently not refers to any
run-of-the-mill hoodlum without any particular meaning.)
--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: