Fun with phrases

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 23 14:53:07 UTC 2012

"It's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

Popular in recent years, it shows up surprisingly (and in a humorous
context) in the Oscar-winning film _The Forty-Ninth Parallel_ (1941).  But
you'll have to listen carefully: the speaker is a comic wife on a radio
hookup.

JL