There's Basically Nothing You Can Say That Isn't Trademarked - Businessweek

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 24 13:34:22 UTC 2012

Thanks for posting this, Victor. I'm grateful for the list.

I know that you know that nobody is "on shaky legal grounds" for merely saying a trademarked slogan, any more than one is "on shaky legal grounds" for uttering the registered trademark used to name goods or services (e.g., "apple," "American airlines"). One is only in violation of the property rights of the owner if one uses the mark in such a way as to create the possible impression of commercial confusion.