spook

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 26 01:34:44 UTC 2012

Interesting. Lacking other evidence and having never heard of the
movie, I'd say that the first _spooks_ refers to a black couple. Not
that it *has* to, mind you.. I'm just saying, IM *personal* E.

As for the second one, it reads like a stop on the road to _spook_ as
"ghost" or other supernatural being, in view of the fact that people
were afraid to mess with them.

FWIW, GTr yields

"Ghost Alley" and even "Spook Alley"

for Amsterdam's