Eeyore

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Mar 26 13:51:31 UTC 2012

On 3/25/12 12:01 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> Those who read Martin Gardner's "Annotated Winnie-the-Pooh"
> presumably won't -- he surely would be thorough enough to explain
> this. ... What? There isn't one yet?  By anyone?  Not even an edition
> that has footnotes?

Give us r-ful folks some credit. I figured it out as a kid, and I have
an r-ful American accent. Say it loud enough and it hits you over the
head even if you think donkeys say "hee-haw."

(Granted, my mother has an r-less Belmont, MA accent, so there may have
been some hint there when she read the stories to me.)

(And I had a stuffed Piglet.)

--
---Amy West