usage ridicule

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 27 00:13:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> A CNN pundit gently ridiculed Newt Gingrich for saying "a historical"
> instead of "an historical."
>
> I was once ridiculed in print for writing "an historical" instead of "a
> historical."
>
> Can't we all just get along?

Exactly! Gingrich is one of the great assholes of all time and the
only thing that they come up with to hassle him about is an utter
triviality? Personally, I, too, *prefer* "an historic," but not
because "a historic" is wrong, any more than green is wrong, though I
prefer blue.

--
-Wilson
-----