Antedating of "Demographics"

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 28 01:08:44 UTC 2012

The New York Times, July 24, 1981, Friday, Late City Final Edition, Section D; Page 11, Column 1; Financial Desk, 662 words, Advertising; ELAN: FOR THE BLACK WOMAN, By Philip H. Dougherty, ELAN, a magazine for sophisticated, affluent college

... job is not only getting up a list of people who meet the target demographics or are striving to meet them, but get people who are already subscribers to magazines. They are the most  ...

Fred Shapiro