Q: "It's just like New York"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 2 18:39:57 UTC 2012

I read it as "This is SO New York!" or "I would expect this from New
York"--or, in the more formal environment, "This is similar to the kind
of thing/behavior you can find in New York".

The former, I suppose, can be an affirmation of quality. Come to think
of it, so can the latter--if you already associate New York with quality
(just like parts of the world associate "America!" with good things).

     VS-)