to parse

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 4 12:29:36 UTC 2012

app. = "arrange; dispose in pattern":

1999 David D. Perlmutter _Visions of War_ (N.Y.: St. Martin's)  53: The two
sides [in a prehistoric rock painting of warriors] are parsed so that there
is no doubt that they are in opposition.

In 1999, Prof. Perlmutter was area head for political communication at the
Manship School of Mass Communication at LSU.

JL