Scuttlebutt: 1947 Archie "butthole." What did it mean?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 8 23:16:36 UTC 2012

Your ... er... humor is a bit puzzling. You ask for evidence of earlier
uses of "butthole" that have been thoroughly vetted *here* by now, then
you offer a claim that has absolutely no basis in fact. I know you ended
up phrasing it as a joke, but, your attempt at humor notwithstanding,
you're still showing remarkable inconsistency.

The last message is just insulting and half of it is factually
incorrect. Nor is it a rebuttal to anything I wrote. Please refrain from
direct correspondence with me in the future--I will not respond to it. I
would suggest that *you* do some bloody homework both in the list
archives and the list etiquette. And if that doesn't work, change the
medication.

      VS-)

PS: To the rest of the list: Please forgive the outburst--there is only
so much shit I am going to put up with--if it was intended as humor, in
my book, it crossed the line. I've never been known to have a thin skin
but it must have eroded this morning.