"got out over their skis"

Thu May 10 15:55:35 UTC 2012

And now this from the Commander in Chief:

---
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/biden-got-out-over-his-skis-says-obama/
“He probably got out a little bit over his skis, but out of generosity
and spirit,” Mr. Obama said when asked whether Mr. Biden had “jumped
the gun” by going first a few days earlier.
---

--bgz

--
Ben Zimmer