another -ista coinage

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri May 11 18:48:36 UTC 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Joel S. Berson wrote:

> At 5/11/2012 10:54 AM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>> I thought it was interesting (synchronicitically if not ironically)
>> that the column appeared in the same space otherwise occupied by the
>> columns of David Brooks, who is one of his (unspoken) targets.
>

> Isn't this instead uninteresting (merely to be expected), since they
> both are NYTimes Op Ed columnists?  They are forced to be room-mates.

Well, I found it interesting in that on Fridays the Brooks column normally appears on the extreme right (no political allusion intended) of the Op-Ed page, but today Krugman's column appears in that space instead.  At the bottom of Krugman's column a note appears saying "David Brooks is off today".  Brooks's most recent column, appearing in that space on Tuesday, was on "The Structural Revolution".

LH