1947 citing in Archie Comic of "butthole." What did it mean?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 14 11:40:22 UTC 2012

Lank Leonard's "Mickey Finn" strip began in 1936. The phrase is first
attested in 1928, but, as HDAS suggests, it may go back  in Chicago to
ca1903.  I don't know what JG has on it.

The Anglo-American writer Ernest Jarrold was well-known in the 1890s for
his humorous sketches about "Mickey Finn" (cf. F. P. Dunne's "Mr. Dooley").
 I was unable to find a good connection between Jarrold's "Mickey Finn" and
the drugged drink, which isn't to say that none existed.

JL