OT: Obama and his principled stand on gay marriage

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 14 16:58:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How 'bout Rand Paul's claim that he'd always thought Obama's stand on gay
> marriage "couldn't get any gayer"?
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/rand-paul-says-he-didnt-think-=
> obamas-views-could-get-any-gayer/
>

> Pundits raise the question of whether this remark was "insulting," and, if
> so, why exactly. Â I didn't stick around to hear any answers.
>
> The audience laughter leads me to believe that they assumed he was playing
> secondarily on the schoolyard sense of "gay" as 'idiotic,' but maybe that's
> just me.

To paraphrase what my sister-in-law said in response to a bit of
uncalled-for rudeness on my brother's part,

"<sigh!> I just ignore them when they get like that."

--
-Wilson
-----