OT: Obama and his principled stand on gay marriage

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 14 21:49:07 UTC 2012

We are not in disagreement about the attitudes and that's not what I
said--I believe that they were in no small part responsible for the
passage of Prop 8 and of Question 1 in NC. But, as much as they vote for
constitutional restrictions on marriage, they don't transfer the same
attitude to politicians who may support SSM but are not themselves
homosexual. In other words, NYT is mistaken that this is a serious
consideration in voting outcome this November. If you have evidence of
any Democrat harmed at the polls by Blacks voting Republican because of
his/her SSM stance, by all means, let me know. Is the culture generally
homophobic? Absolutely! Does this transfer to anyone who expressly
disclaims homophobia? I don't think so.

     VS-)