dropping -ed in adjectives

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Thu May 17 12:13:07 UTC 2012

On May 17, 2012, at 12:10 AM, Amy West wrote:

> On 5/17/12 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>> t/d-deletion specifically zapping the PSP suffix has come up here before, including in the prejudice/bias case -- last time in April 2008.  at the time, i said i was preparing a LLog posting on the topic, but i seem not to have finished it.  alas.
>>
>> arnold
> Well, please do so. :-)
>
> I apologize for the re-tread. Do you have the relevant subject line at
> hand so I can look it up in the archive?

the subject line is:  Re: eggcorn?
April 2008

one of my postings:

some examples (from a great many):

Bush He's prejudice right? (http://wis.dm/questions/312305-bush-he-s-prejudice-right )

He's prejudice against fat people, bald people, women, short people, etc.---some of the names he uses to describes some of these individuals is; ...
www.commongroundcommonsense.org/forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=37667

Santa is flying all over the North Northeast and doesn't seem to want to come down Texas way. I guess he's prejudice against southerners. ...
forums.qrz.com/archive/index.php/t-83137.html

Why is that a prejudice notion? Is that all you have, he's prejudice? Come on, now go back to sending emails at LV PD. buh bye! ...
www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/TQLHL7GTHSQ034CH8

I don't like Hannity, he's bias as hell I won't deny that, how could I haha. I don't see O'reily that way at all though. Now, can you be honest about ...
www.soulcast.com/post/show/84379/And-You-Thought-Hannity-was-a-Journalist%3F

21st January 2008, 19:32. Who cares if he's bias towards Hewitt he is commentating for an Australian only audience.
www.bigfooty.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-409683.html

It doesn't matter if he's bias or not...
www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols/26272-sec-s-best-player-joe-b.html

After reading only a few pages, I lost my trust in his expertise, and identified a bias story.
www.amazon.com/E-Con-How-Internet-Undermines-Democracy/dp/0773760563