"of which...of"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 17 23:18:49 UTC 2012

Unless I miss my guess, this truly nonstandard construction is usually
associated with latter-day neophyte writers.

However, here's a 1928 ex. from an academic writer that sailed through
copy-editing. I assume it was a slip of the pen:

1928 Angelo S. Rappoport _Superstitions of Sailors_ (London: S. Paul) vii:
 It may be attributed to three sources, viz.: Firstly, the interpretation
and explanation of numerous phenomena actually observed, but the cause of
which the early mariner was still ignorant of.

JL