"Don't let the bastards get you down!" 1945

Mon May 21 18:05:20 UTC 2012

Barry Popik's site an entry about this phrase with some interesting
background notes. Barry has a cite with a (unverified?) GB date of
1944, a newspaper cite in May 19, 1945, and much more:

Entry from January 22, 2010
“Don’t let the bastards grind you down” (Illegitimi non carborundum)

http://goo.gl/cRGx8

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/dont_let_the_bastards_grind_you_down_illegitimi_non_carborundum/