request for help -- looking for a story (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu May 24 18:00:30 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Thanks very much, Stephen.  I'll send this along to my friend.

Were you able to look here:

http://c19index.chadwyck.com/marketing/index.jsp

It seems to include Poole's and Wellesley.

Behalf Of

----------------------

------
> -
>
> I didn't find it in several literature indexes, including Poole's and
> Wellesley (Victorian), both of which are listed as sources in the
Dictionary
> of National Biography article on Lewis.
>
> The article includes the following: "Using his real name, Lewis also
wrote
> fiction for various journals, including Belgravia (1884-5), Temple Bar
(1884),
> Leisure Hour (1884), London Society (1885-6), the Cornhill Magazine
(1886-7),
> Living Age (1893), and the Saturday Review, where he was on the staff
from
> about 1855 to 1866.".
>
> The first source listed for the biography is a Dover edition:
> C. [Charles] Reynolds, introduction, in Hoffmann's modern magic, ed.
C.
> Reynolds, facs. edn (1978) *
> I haven't seen that, but, if you don't already have it, it might be
worth a
> try.
>
> Stephen

Mullins,
> Bill AMRDEC [Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL]
> Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:53 PM
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> Subject: [ADS-L] request for help -- looking for a story
(UNCLASSIFIED)

> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> I am looking for bibliographic information for a short story called
"The
> Wizard's Tower", written by Angelo J. Lewis in the late 19th century.
> If anyone on the list has access to one of the various indexes of
> British Fiction through their institution and could send me the
> citation, I'd be very grateful.
>
> Background:  Angelo Lewis was a barrister and writer in England.  He
is
> best known today for a series of conjuring books he wrote from ca.
1880