aka = 'in other words'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 1 13:14:30 UTC 2012

>From Wikipedia on "Base rate fallacy":

"Thus, in the example the probability was overestimated by more than 100
times due to the failure to take into account the fact that there are about
10000 times more nonterrorists than terrorists (a.k.a. failure to take into
account the 'prior probability' of being a terrorist)."

I have hated this "a.k.a." since the first time it jumped from police
blotters to general usage in the 1970s.

Now I hate it more.

JL