by = from

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 1 16:52:54 UTC 2012

So the situation is even dumber or more evil than I thought.

To say "by BlackRock" (it's so clever when they run words together) implies
(to me) that iShares is like a poem or a drama or a musical composition. A
veritable work of art.

For which BlackRock is solely responsible as designer and creator.  John
shows otherwise.

At least "*from* BlackRock" would suggest no more to the cynical ad-watcher
than that BR is somewhere in the mix when the iShares appear. Others would
simply assume that BR is entirely responsible. "Managed by BlackRock" just
sounds boring, no matter how great BR might be.

But that's show biz.

JL