pink movies

Fri Nov 2 19:25:32 UTC 2012

Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> 2010
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/16/us-film-caterpillar-idUSTRE61F11520100216
>  *:  *Wakamatsu is an auteur of pink movies (Japanese softcore pornography).

In the 1970s I noticed that term applied to some Japanese films. Here
is an instance in 1970. There are no matches for "pink movie" in the
full text of the OED.  I only looked in the Google News Archive and
the OED.

Cite: 1970 October 19, The Miami News, Japan Gets Tough On Smut, Page
5B, Column 3, Miami, Florida. (Google News Archive)

[Begin excerpt]
Producers of the low budget films known as "eroductions" or "pink
movies" were anticipating a rosy future in view of the general world
trend toward an easing of censorship laws.
[End excerpt]

Wikipedia has a relevant article for "Pink film":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_film