_Cop a squat!_ = "have a seat!, sit down!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 5 04:56:23 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heard by me in speech in 1973, but HDAS I takes it back to 1944, quite in
> line with Wilson's close-to-infallible recollection.

Have you googled it, recently? My favorite hit is

" … the other _COP, A SQUAT_ black woman …"

Youneverknow. :-)

After I got rid of the modern accretions, I got a mere 732 raw hits,
starting from the Creation. It's lonely, out here. :-(

--
-Wilson
-----