"razor tight" --- (blend on "Meet the Press")

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 7 13:04:35 UTC 2012

Two thoughts:

When did razor-thin replace wafer-thin? Isn't it itself an (older) idiom
blend?

Doesn't razor-close come from direct comparison to the act of shaving? That
seems to make it different from the other razor- terms.

DanG