"sketchy"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Nov 15 00:19:48 UTC 2012

makes main stream?

Maureen Dowd in the NYTimes, today (Nov 14):

"It is disturbing that an ethically sketchy, politically motivated
F.B.I. agent could spark an incendiary federal investigation
tunneling into private lives to help a woman he liked and later blow
it up to hurt a president he didn't like."

While "sketchy" here might mean simply "flimsy, unsubstantial" --
that is, "ethically-challenged", it could perhaps just as easily mean
"creepy" -- as in an F.B.I. agent who sends a woman he is not married
to a shirtless photograph of himself.

Joel