Alternate Side Parking

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 16 19:41:30 UTC 2012

I admit I had not thought about this enough, and appreciate the alternate
side vs alternate day perspective.

Another issue is the use of the same sign:

http://a841-dotvweb01.nyc.gov/ParkingRegs/signlegend.aspx

to refer to both Alternate Side Parking and daily (usually "except Sunday")
bans for street cleaning in the 30-180 minutes before parking meters become
effective. As the above website shows, these are together referred to
as STREET CLEANING PARKING REGULATIONS.

In the aftermath of Sandy, the city announced the suspension of both
Alternate Side Parking and Meter regulations. Where do the daily street
cleaning regulations come in?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/pr2012/pr12_60.shtml

DanG